Book an appointment now
New Patients including women, men and children are welcome at Collins Street Medical Centre.
Consultations are by appointment only; however, cases of emergency and emergency telephone calls will be promptly dealt with. Please phone: (03) 9654 6088
APPOINTMENT / CONSULTATION TIMES:
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: 8.00am – 4.30pm
- STANDARD:15 minutes
- LONG: 30 minutes
- EXTENDED:>30 minutes
Please specify which doctor you would like to see and the length of consultation that you require at the time of booking.
Completing the CSMC Patient Registration Form
We are committed to providing our patients with high quality health care. In order to achieve this it is essential that we have an up to date and accurate health record.
We require ALL NEW patients to complete and submit the Patient Registration Form prior to your booked appointment. Forms are submitted via our secure on-line form link.
If you do NOT complete/submit the form, you will need to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time so that you can complete the required registration paperwork.
Returning Patients: It’s been a while?
We would also ask that if you have not been to see your GP within the past 12 months you may also take the time to complete the form; this will allow us to ensure we have your up to date details on our system.
These forms will auto-fill your data when using the same browser on the same computer for up to a day. This allows you extra time to complete the form. Patients are encouraged to print a copy of their information before submitting these forms.
Improving our Communication with our Patients.
The practice is increasingly seeking to communicate with our patients via secure electronic means. This would include email / SMS health reminders, on-line appointment bookings, SMS appointment reminders and in the future video consultations and patient uploading basic health information. To do this we need to ensure we have your email address, mobile phone number and of course your consent.
If you haven’t been to see your GP for some time or haven’t updated you contact / personal details for some time you can provide your current information by completing and submitting the CSMC Registration Form.
We believe in providing our patients with appropriate preventative health information, recall / reminders and other health related information that will support your health and well-being. As a patient of CSMC you have the option to be included in our preventative health management program; you have the right to opt-out and should you wish to do so please advise one of our team or your GP.
Patient and Clinic Information Guides
Please also view our Clinic Information Guides:
– Patient Information on Travel Health, Your Medical Practice Team – Working with your GP, and Rights and Responsibilties – Mutual Agreement.
Patient Request for Access/ Release of Personal Health Information
Wherever possible, Doctors are available between 12 noon – 1 pm to receive telephone calls. Our Practice Nurses are also available to receive calls. However, consultations cannot take place over the telephone so you may require a follow-up consultation.
Our reception staff are available to make bookings and to assist you as required.
If you are unable to attend for a scheduled appointment, please contact us to cancel or change your appointment time. As a courtesy we send out appointment reminders to the mobile number on file and request a minimum of 2 hours notice if you are unable to attend.
We have high demand for appointments and many patients miss out on seeing the doctor of their choice or even obtaining an appointment at all. Late cancellation of failing to attend does not allow the appointment to be offered to someone else seeking treatment.
A fee will be charged for failure to attend or cancellation at short notice, less than 2 hours on the day (NB: this fee does not attract a Medicare rebate).
This practice acknowledges that patient complaints are an important source of customer feedback.
Under the Health Services Act 1987 people with complaints should try to resolve them directly with the health service provider.
If a satisfactory outcome is not achieved then complaint can be directed to the Health Services Commissioner for action by calling 03 8601 5200.
If you have an emergency please telephone 000 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Collins Street Medical Centre is a private billing practice, and consultation fees will be charged at the discretion of the treating doctor.
Indicative Fees – December 2018
- STANDARD :$95 – $110
- LONG :$160 – $185
- EXTENDED:$230 – $255
- GP Management Plans, Team Care arrangements, Health Assessments and Mental Health Treatment Plans fees range between $50 – $85 out of pocket.
OTHER FEESTreatment Room
- Medical consumables used as part of your treatment may attract a separate fee.
- Procedural fees will vary according to the type and complexity – please enquire prior to your appointment. These fees offer a Medicare rebate.
- For your convenience we stock a wide range of travel and other vaccines – please ask reception for individual prices.
Our policy is that payments are to be made on the day of consultation. Accepted payment methods include EFTPOS, credit card and cash.
The practice now offers Medicare Ezyclaim: for eligible services your Medicare Rebate is paid back to your DEBIT CARD immediately after you have paid your account at the practice.
We also encourage our patients to register their bank account details with Medicare to allow for prompt reimbursement of the medicare rebate to the nominated bank account. Patients can register online at www.humanservices.gov.au/online or download a Medicare Bank Account details form.
If your doctor refers you to another doctor, a specialist, or for any investigative tests please ask about fees and other costs that may arise.
- STANDARD :$95 – $110
Medical certificates are available and can be requested at the time of consultation with your doctor.
If you require a special consideration certificate, please bring the necessary paperwork to your consultation.
Medication / Script Repeat Requests
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION – ONLINE REQUEST
- THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR COLLINS STREET MEDICAL CENTRE PATIENTS AND WHERE THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT WAS PROVIDED BY ONE OF OUR GPS AND THE PATIENT HAS BEEN SEEN BY A GP AT THE CLINIC WITHIN THE PAST 3 MONTHS.
- Doctors require 48 hours notice to process a repeat prescription request.
- If you require the script sooner, please make appointment with a Doctor. Please phone 9654 6088.
- The fee for a repeat prescription has increased to $35.00. There are a number of clinical and administrative steps required for a repeat prescription. The fee is in recognition of this and is not refundable.
- A repeat prescription request does not guarantee that a script will be written for you.
- All requests are considered by a Doctor and a decision is then made as to whether this repeat request is appropriate for your health care needs.
- After consideration of your request one of our staff will contact you to advise –
- if YES – we are able to provide the repeat prescription and you will be required to arrange pre-payment.
- If NO – we are unable to provide the repeat prescription and organise an appointment for you.
- Repeat prescriptions for antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication will not be provided using this service.
- There are some delivery risks in using electronic mail with there being the risk of interception by third parties or non-receipt or delayed receipt of the message
- Computer viruses, and similar damaging items, can be transmitted through emails. Collins Street Medical Centre uses virus scanning software to reduce these risks and ask that you do the same. However, it is not possible to completely eliminate the risk of introducing viruses.
- By communicating electronically with Collins Street Medical Centre, I release the Practice from all claims, losses, expenses and liabilities caused by any of the risks referred to in 7 & 8 and arising directly or indirectly out of that communication. By submitting this request form, you agree to the above terms.
By submitting this request form you agree to the above terms.
Medication Repeat Script Request
Privacy and confidentiality
Further information is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992
Reminders and practice information
We believe in providing our patients with appropriate preventative health information, recall / reminders and other health related information that will support your health and well being. As a patient of CSMC you have the option to be included in our preventative health management program; you have the right to opt-out and should you wish to do so please advise your GP.
After Hours Clinic
Our After Hours service is provided by Doctor Doctor Service 13 26 60.
In the case of an EMERGENCY, patients should dial 000 for an ambulance or call their local public hospital casualty department.
Patients with Private Health Cover can access the 24 Hour Emergency Department at the Epworth Hospital on (03) 9426 6324, or the Cabrini Health Emergency Department on (03) 9508 1500.
Your doctor will advise when they expect your results to arrive at the practice. In most instances, advice of “normal” test results will be sent to you by regular mail.
In the event of a clinically significant result, you will be contacted as soon as possible to make a follow up appointment to discuss the results with your doctor.
Please ensure that you advise us of any change to your contact details.
DCP Results: Secure Online service.
The doctors at Collins Street Medical Centre also use an innovative addition to their clinical software system known as ‘Doctors Control Panel’ (DCP). This also incorporates a new patient results utility called DCP Results – an online secure way for patients to see their results with their GP’s explanatory comments. This empowers our patients and helps them self manage their health.
Once patients have provided consent for their results to be shown in DCP Results, patients receive a unique “PIN” login ( via SMS) to a secure website where they can access their own results that have been entered by the clinic with accompanying comments from their GP.
Dorevitch Pathology provides onsite pathology with two collection rooms within our surgery.
PATHOLOGY COLLECTION AVAILABILITY
- HOURS:7.30am – 5.00 pm
Most services are bulk-billed to our patients holding Medicare cards. There may be a fee for some specialised tests not covered by Medicare.
For more information you can view the Dorevitch website : www.dorevitch.com.au or phone 9244 0444.
- Resources and Links
Clinic Information Guides
Information for Patients
The following PDFs and Information Guides have been provided for patients at Collins Street Medical Centre to better understand our clinic and some of the services we provide.
CSMC General Practice Information & Guide for Patients
Patient Guide to Travel Health
Your Medical Practice Team
Patient Guide to Working with Your GP
Rights & Responsibilities